Big tournaments need a lot of planning if you want to have an enjoyable experience. With the Cricket World Cup’2019 being held in both England and Wales, you get the opportunity to visit two of Great Britain’s three nations.
Then again, you can always sneak in a trip to Scotland, right? That aside, here are the dates and other important information you need to know:
Gear Up for the Cricket World Cup’2019 ! Here Are the Dates and Other Information You Need to Know
Cricket World Cup’2019 Dates
The Cricket World Cup’2019, the 12th edition, is scheduled to take place from May 30 to July 14, 2019. England and Wales were awarded hosting rights in 2006, and this event marks the fifth time both nations hosted the event, the others being 1975, 1979, 1983, and 1999.
Cricket World Cup’2019 Teams
The fact that there are fewer teams for this tournament compared to the last one in 2015 shouldn’t dampen your spirits. After all, you get to go on a trip to watch cricket! Plus, who knows what side trips you can sneak in while you’re in any of the towns hosting a match?
Here are the following teams that qualified for the tournament:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- West Indies
This is the first Cricket World Cup that will not be participated by an Associate Nation while Ireland will miss the competition for the first time since 2007.
Cricket World Cup’2019 Venues
The Cricket World Cup’2019 will be played in the following cities and their respective venues:
- Birmingham – Edgbaston Cricket Ground (5 matches including the semi-final)
- Bristol – Bristol County Ground (3 matches)
- Cardiff – Sophia Gardens (4 matches)
- Chester-le-Street – Riverside Ground (3 matches)
- Leeds – Headingley Cricket Ground (4 matches)
- Lord’s Cricket Ground (5 matches including the final)
- The Oval (5 matches)
- Manchester – Old Trafford (6 matches including the semi-final)
- Nottingham – Trent Bridge (5 matches)
- Southampton – Rose Bowl (5 matches)
- Taunton – County Ground (3 matches)
Cricket World Cup’2019 Group Stage
The tournament will be using a round-robin format where one team plays all the other nine. This means there will be a total of 45 cricket matches for you to enjoy!
The top four teams will advance to the semifinals, with the rest eliminated. In short, it’s really important that your team do good to make it to the final four. Then again, it won’t be an entirely wasted trip because you can enjoy the best of what England and Wales have to offer.
There will be two semi-final games, one at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground in Birmingham and the other at Old Trafford in Manchester. The winner of each semi-final will face each other in the finals to be held at Lord’s in London on July 14.
May might seem a long time away but you best start planning today to ensure an awesome trip! Start checking on accommodation options and maybe even some sights to see and dining places to try.
Useful Links to Book Tours, Tickets, Holiday Packages, Sightseeing and Activities in England, London and Wales
- Sightseeing Tours and Activities in London
- Sightseeing Tours and Activities in England
- Sightseeing Tours and Activities in Wales
- Cricket World Cup’2019 Packages from India
Get in Touch With Us
Latest posts by La Vacanza Travel (see all)
- जेरूसलम, इजराइल जायेंगे ? जानिए क्यों है ये शहर ईसाईयों, मुसलमानो और यहूदियों के लिए इतना मुक़द्दस ! - 12 September, 2018
- Here’s Dates, How to Buy Tickets, and Other Important Details about the 2019 Cricket World Cup - 12 September, 2018
- These Are the 5 Things You Must Do When in Tel Aviv - 7 September, 2018