Dubai is family-friendly and a great travel destination when you are travelling to Dubai with Kids. It offers plenty of experiences and activities in Dubai that both adults and kids will definitely love and enjoy. Also, it boasts of various great accommodation options, from apartments to hotels. So if you are still deciding where to go with your kids during their vacation, choose Dubai!
But before booking your flight and heading to this city, it would be best to equip yourself with vital information so you can get the most out of your trip. Here is a guide to help you decide when to visit, where to stay, and what to do in Dubai, along with some helpful insider tips.
The Best Time to Visit Dubai
It is highly advisable that you visit Dubai when the weather gets a bit cooler, which is from November to April. During these months, you and your kids can explore outdoors because the temperature only ranges from 24-25 degrees Celsius. Also, you can experience cool winds during the evenings.
Come May, the temperature goes up, making it too hot to go outdoors. Be assured though that when you visit during the hotter months, Dubai offers plenty of air-conditioned malls, hotels, and well-equipped establishments where you can feel comfortable.
Where to Stay in Dubai
In Dubai, you can choose from different family-friendly hotels with superb amenities for you and your kids.
The best beach hotels in Dubai, for instance, offer rooms with stunning views of marvellous gardens or the ocean as a backdrop. And aside from being spacious, the suites and rooms are decorated to reflect the surroundings.
Furthermore, they have private swimming pools, spas, bars and restaurants, kid’s entertainment clubs, and sporting facilities. With such amenities, expect to experience a perfect family getaway. Other great accommodation options will include mountain retreat resorts, villas, and desert hotels.
4 Family-friendly Spots to Visit
1. Theme Parks
Dubai aims to become the Middle East’s theme park capital. Thus, developers continue to build new theme parks each year. Don’t miss taking your kids to the following theme parks:
● Hub Zero – This is an indoor park where gamers can make a beeline for a VR immersion, laser tag battles, and race simulators.
● IMG Worlds of Adventure – If your kids are a huge fan of dinosaurs, this is the perfect place for them. It has life-size dinosaurs and hair-raising dinosaur thrill rides. Also, it offers all kinds of exciting adventures with Cartoon Network and Marvel characters.
2. Water Parks
Want to cool down? Head to these water parks to have a chill.
● Wild Wadi – This favorite water park offers rides that are suitable for all ages. These include surf simulators, a wave pool, and sun-decks where you can relax.
● Aquaventure – This is a huge water park that allows you and your kids to move to different rides without getting out of the water. Once you’re tired, relax at the private beach or on the sun-loungers.
3. Animal Attractions
Aside from parks, Dubai also offers places where your kids can see and appreciate different species of animals.
Aquarium – If your kids are fascinated by underwater creatures, they will definitely love the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo and the Lost Chambers. If they are brave enough, they can even swim with fishes, along with the sharks.
Green Planet – This is an indoor rainforest with frogs, birds, butterflies, turtles, lizards, and other critters.
Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary – This is a protected area that offers you and your kids the chance to observe feathered animals like flamingos using binoculars.
4. Play Parks
- KidZania – This is a great place to visit for your kids aged 1-16 years. It gives your child the opportunity to try their hand at real jobs like being a journalist, dentist, pilot, doctor, and police officer. In fact, they’ll even receive a salary using the park’s local currency, which they can use to buy real products and services. Like in real life, they’ll get paid higher if they work more.
- Zabeel Park – This iconic park offers boat rides, barbecue areas, lakeside views, and sports courts. Also, it has educational and entertaining exhibits on its grounds.
Some Insider Tips
- Ladies are expected to dress conservatively whenever you go out. You can wear swimwear only at the beach or pool.
- You should have an international driver’s license if you want to drive a rental car.
- Friday and Saturday make up the weekend in Dubai. Some businesses may already be closed on Thursday afternoon. So check the opening days and hours of business establishments you want to explore before heading there.
- Babysitting services are available if you need someone to take care of your kids for a couple of hours. Make sure though to prepare your baby and his things if you have to leave him with a babysitter for the first time.
- If you are traveling with kids under five years old, they can use public transport for free.
- You can conveniently buy disposable nappies and formula in supermarkets and pharmacies.
With the city’s year-round sunshine, family-friendly hotels, and places to visit, Dubai is definitely an excellent destination for families with kids. If this is your family’s next travel destination, book your hotel now and use this guide to make sure that you get the most out of your Dubai trip.