Airfares are becoming more and more expensive, hotels in Switzerland are unusually full and tariffs going upwards. Whether you are buying an escorted package tour or customizing a holiday with or without help of your travel agent, you are spending more on your holiday package to Switzerland.
To make most on your Swiss holiday, you have to figure out how to spend your money intelligently and choose the right hotel, flight, sightseeing, activities and time of your travel. Before you get started planning your holiday to Switzerland, there are four things you need to know :
How To Plan The Cheapest Holiday Package To Switzerland
CHOOSE YOUR SWISS PASS or FLEXI PASS
Swiss travel system truly reflects the Swiss perfection offering 26000 captivating kilometers of public transport network. It is the densest public transport network in the world with synchronized trains, buses, city public transportation and even lake cruises.
This means that you do not spend a penny on cab or a taxi.
Following are the benefits of Swiss Pass
- Unlimited travel by rail, road and waterway
- Free travel on panorama routes
- Free travel on public transport in 75 towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 470 museums
- 50% discount off most mountain railways
- Children under the age of 16 travel free of charge when accompanied by at least one parent holding the Swiss Family Card. At least one parent must have a Swiss Travel System ticket.
- Many bonus benefits
Important : You pay for these passes in Indian Rupees while buying it in India.
CHOOSE YOUR HOTEL CAREFULLY
An essential element in your planning is choosing a right hotel for your trip to Switzerland ( specially when you are travelling in summers).
Most often your travel agents would recommend you to stay in cities like Lucerne and Interlaken in Switzerland. Similarly the travel agents in countries like China, Japan and many other countries also recommends their clients to stay in these places.
There is no doubt that Interlaken and Lucerne are great places to stay but during high season time like April – July ( which is incidentally summer holiday time in India as well) most good hotels in these cities are full with groups checking-in and checking-out every day with group bookings made much in advance by tour operators.
Your hotel search should not be limited to only Lucerne and Interlaken, if you objective is to have a comfortable stay, and see as much as possible, a good hotel with a accessible location by public transport in any of the Swiss cities would be a right choice.
For example you may choose to stay in Zurich for your 5 nights holiday in Switzerland, it is quite possible that you get a better hotel with a good cost compared to similar category hotels in Interlaken or Lucerne. Travelling to any of the cities or towns is very easy and comfortable and does not involve cost for you have a Swiss Pass.
CHOOSE YOUR MOUNTAIN EXCURSIONS
Switzerland is famous for scenic beauty, its snowy mountains, peaceful lakes and unspoilt valleys. Choose and book from a range of mountain excursions and sightseeing for breathtaking views.
Some available options are as below :
Jungfraujoch – Europe’s highest altitude Railway station at 3454 metres.
Mount Titlis – World’s first rotating cable car offering 360 D panoramic view.
Mount Pilatus : World’s steepest cogwheel railway.
There are many more options to choose from…
Important : You get fabulous discounts if you have a Swiss pass, all these excursions are payable in Indian Rupees if you buy in India.
CHOOSE YOUR FLIGHT CAREFULLY
Swiss Air is best option to fly direct to Zurich however best thing would be to make a list of all possible airlines. From India there are more than 15 carriers offering connections to Switzerland every day.
- It is important to suggest that you should not ignore flight arriving at Geneva, after all you have Swiss pass and it will cost you nothing to take a train to any city.
- Flight like Fin-Air reaches in the afternoon unlike most other European carrier, however if the fare difference is huge, it will make sense to take Fin-air and buy additional hotel night for a comfortable tour.
Planning the cheapest Holiday package for Switzerland is nothing more than planning well in advance, understanding the components of your holiday and doing enough research to get the best available price.
If you address these four major components in this post, you’ll be able to plan a great holiday to this destination – Switzerland
NEED HELP IN PLANNING YOUR HOLIDAY ?
What do you think everyone who is planning a holiday to Switzerland should know ?
Latest posts by La Vacanza Travel (see all)
- 8 of the Best Places for a Moroccan Holiday - 5 April, 2019
- Top 3 Things to Do in Seychelles - 5 April, 2019
- Your Travel, Your Way: Four Reasons to Book a Private Tour Package - 25 October, 2018