These Top 10 Delhi attractions are the city’s most recognisable monuments or attractions. You cannot overlook them on your visit to India and it’s capital Delhi.
1. Jama Masjid, Delhi
Jama Masjid, Old Delhi, originally named as Masjid Jahan Numa, was built by the Fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan ( 1650 – 1656 AD). Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan himself laid Jama Masjid’s foundation stone on a Friday of October 1650 AD. With the construction beginning immediately and completing in 1656 AD.
2. Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi
Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi was built in 1570. It has a lot of significance for it was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent built during Mughal time. This Tomb is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India.
3. Qutab Minar, Delhi
The Qutab Minar was built in early 13th century. Commissioned by Qutab uddin Aibak, the first Sultan of Delhi, it was completed by his successor Iltutmish. It is one of the most important monument in Delhi and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. Akshardham Temple, Delhi
Akshardham is commonly referred to as Delhi Akshardham or Swami Narayan Akshardham. Located near the bank of yamuna river in Delhi this complex displays hindu culture, spirituality and Indian temple architecture. It was officially opened on 6th November 2005 and attracts a lot of tourists.
5. Lodhi Garden, Delhi
Lodhi Garden is close to Safdarjung’s Tomb and Khan Market ( A popular market in Delhi ). Spread out in over 90 acres this park is also a picnic spot for locals right in the heart of the city.
This site is protected by ASI, Archaeological Survey Of India for it contains many building of historical importance like tombs, gumbad , mosque and other architectural works from 15th century Lodhi Dynasty.
6. India Gate, Delhi
7. Raj Ghat, Delhi
Raj Ghat, located on the bank of Yamuna river is a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi ( India’s father of Nation )
8. Red Fort, Delhi
9. Lotus Temple, Delhi
10. Old Fort , Purana Qila, Delhi
Read more about India and its attractions :
- In Pictures : The Taj Mahal, A Great Monument of Love
- In Pictures : Jama Masjid, Delhi
- In Pictures : Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi
- In Pictures : Qutab Minar, Delhi
- In Pictures : The Golden Temple, Amritsar
- In Pictures : Khajuraho Temples
- 22 Photos That Gives You A Glimpse Of Rajasthani Men’s Life And Their Fashion Statement – Turban | Rajasthan, India
- Buildings of Aligarh Muslim University every Aligarian would like to revisit
- Why you must visit Pushkar Fair in Rajasthan, India
- Why you must visit Kerala – God’s Own Country
- Rajasthani Men & Their Turbans
- In Pictures : Diwali Celebrations In India
La Vacanza literally means ‘The Holiday’. La Vacanza Travel is a travel and holiday company based in New Delhi, India. If you wish to reach out to La Vacanza Travel for any enquiry, simply fill up the form below :
LIKE IT ? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS !
Latest posts by La Vacanza Travel (see all)
- 8 of the Best Places for a Moroccan Holiday - 5 April, 2019
- Top 3 Things to Do in Seychelles - 5 April, 2019
- Your Travel, Your Way: Four Reasons to Book a Private Tour Package - 25 October, 2018